Tuesday 5 November 2013

Old Timer - a guest blogger. Part 3

I am glad I found this group. The youngsters here have made me realise how much time I’ve wasted thinking and wishing rather saying and doing.

At school there has been a vacancy for staff governor for ages. Well that is me now and my first meeting is next week. I’ve also been sorting out lots of my stamp collection so that I can give a display at the local club (with others of course) in December. I’m looking forward to doing that.

I’ve had a man round to tidy up the garden to keep the neighbours happy. Jane used to do the gardening and when she died I didn’t seem to have the energy to bother with it much. She would be cross at how bad it had got.

Jane died in 2009, well this week I finally got round to giving most of her clothes to a charity shop. I’m pleased that somebody else will get some use of out them as she had quite a sense of style, unlike me. I don’t go to the cemetery where she was buried for ages but I went last Sunday to check everything was tidy. It was.

But the most important thing is that I am going over to Wales to see Rosemary at half term. She was fostered like me and was my first proper girl friend many, many years ago in St Albans. She runs a Bed and Breakfast but isn’t too busy at this time of year. Although we have spoken on the phone this will be the first time we have met for about 40 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment